Over the next few
days hours we will be migrating our squid10 server to a new, upgraded server. During the period of time when your domains are being migrated, there may be some intermittent downtime for some of the server’s services.
Our new server has the following upgrades:
– RAID 5 hard drive mirroring. With RAID 5, server data is simultaneously written to 3 hard drives, so in the event that one of the hard drives fails, the other two hard drives will take over and the server will remain online until a replacement for the failed hard drive is scheduled. With RAID 5, overall server uptime is much better than a traditional single hard drive configuration, since failed hard drives are often the main cause of server downtime.
– increased processor speed and RAM
– operating system upgraded to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
– webserver upgraded to Apache 2.0
– control panel upgraded to Plesk 7.5.4
– MySQL upgraded to 4.1
– SpamAssassin upgraded to 3.0
Please Note: After the migration, all of your account settings will remain unchanged, except for the the url for your control panel, which will be: https://squid12.laughingsquid.net:8443
Please Note: After the migration, if your email program has problems connecting to the server, try restarting it or rebooting your computer. Sometimes the old server’s ip address will get cached and need to be refreshed.
8:57pm The server migration & upgrade is now complete.